Real-life Advice on Agile DW/BI
Agile=Better? How An Agile Approach Allows DW/BI Teams to Deliver Better Value
Earlier this year I was the Guest Editor for the Cutter IT Journal, “Does Agile Equal Better DW/BI?”
Now you can download the full issue with this special link: Does Agile = Better DW/BI? Use the promotion code WINTERBOER for your free copy of this collection of opinions and case studies on whether Agile is better for DW/BI!
“The monthly Cutter Journal and its between-issue companion the Cutter IT Advisor, provide you with a variety of perspectives on the issues you’re dealing with today. Armed with opinion, data, and advice, you’ll be able to make the best decisions, employ the best practices, and choose the right strategies for your organization.” Cutter.com
This issue of Cutter IT Journal addresses Agile DW/BI and provides practical advice and insight on how an Agile approach allows DW/BI teams to deliver better value more quickly to their organizations. It also provide guidance on the possible challenges and risks faced by DW/BI teams working in an Agile framework and specific practices that can ensure the team’s transformation goes smoothly.
Here are the topics:
- Opening Statement by Lynn Winterboer
- Scaling Agile Data Warehousing by Em Campbell-Pretty
- Disciplined Agile Strategies for DW/BI by Scott W. Ambler
- Extreme Scoping: A Data-Agile Method for Enterprise-Class Data Integration Projects by Larissa T. Moss
- Serious Games Give New Moves to Agile BI Teams by Tom Grant
- Value-Driven Data Warehousing: Applying Agile Strategies to Increase Information Quality and Use by Jan-Paul Fillié and Werner de Jong
- Practical Techniques for Successful Agile Software Development in DW/BI Environments by Girish Chanced